I have always wanted to make donuts, but I haven´t got the time to bake them. Now I take the chance and made it at last. I´ve found this recipe from this site. Unfortunately it is written only in german. It contents the american foodculture and is very interesting. The donuts are really fantastic! They are very soft and although I´ve made about 20 donuts everthing was eaten very quickly. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients for 24- 30 pieces:
750 g flour
2 package dry yeast
50 ml lukewarm water
300 ml lukewarm milk
125 g sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 package vanilla sugar
75 g melted butter
oil for deep frying
- Put dry yeast into some lukewarm water and add 1 Teaspoon sugar. Let it rest for 10 minutes until it has bubbles. Mix flour, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar, add yeast and stir.
- Add melted and lukewarm butter, lukewarm milk and eggs and knead until dough is soft. Let it rest for at least 1 hour.
- Knead dough and roll it out until it has thickness of a thumb. Use a donutcutter to cut donuts and let it rest for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil slowly and deep fry donuts golden brown. Put donuts on towelling paper to soak needless oil.
- Roll donuts in cinnamon sugar or cover it with chocolate or sugar frosting. Decorate it with roasted almonds, sugar pearls, coconuts and pistachios.